We love these muffins. They are moist and delicious and the perfect snack (as a substitute for processed bars), or an addition to any meal! While these are scrumptious on their own, adding chocolate chips or nuts to the batter before baking will make them so extra.
Banana Oat Muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 15-18 minutes | Makes: ~24 muffins
2 cups oat flour (gluten free, if needed)
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup flax seed meal
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
5 ripe bananas, mashed
2/3 cup canola oil
1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1. Blend oats in a blender to make the flour. Mix oat flour, almond meal, flax seed meal, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
2. In a smaller bowl, mix mashed bananas, eggs, oil, coconut sugar and vanilla.
3. Pour banana mixture into flour mixture and stir together until well incorporated.
4. Scoop batter into greased muffin tins. Sprinkle oats (ones that haven't been blended into flour) on top of each muffin.
5. Place in oven and cook for 15-18 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!