This tasty pasta dish is sure to be a hit with everyone in the family. I first tried this recipe with pureed butternut squash and whole spinach that wilts into the sauce. The boys (even the grown doctor) didn’t care for the wilted spinach. This time I blended the spinach up with the squash and it was well received. The blended spinach turns the sauce green- but I told them it was “Grinch Pasta” and they were pretty tickled! Hidden veggies, creamy sauce, cheese pasta. Yum.
Butternut Squash & Spinach Tortellini
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Serves: 4
1 cup pureed butternut squash
½ cup spinach
1 cup half and half
1 ¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 pinch paprika
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp flour
black pepper to taste
1 package cheese tortellini
1. Blend squash and spinach together.
2. Add into a skillet with half & half, seasonings, lemon juice, and flour.
3. Cook on medium heat until boils, stirring often.
4. Turn heat to simmer while pasta cooks.
5. Cook pasta to directions and drain. Add to sauce and top with fresh parsley.