Zucchini Quinoa Bites
1 cup oats
1 cup cooked quinoa
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup peanut butter (or alternative)
1/4 cup agave
2 medium bananas
2 tsp vanilla
2 cup shredded zucchini (pressed with towel to reduce water)
2 Tbsp chia seeds
**Preheat oven to 375*F
1. Mix together oats, quinoa, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in large bowl. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl mash the bananas with a fork and add PB, agave, eggs, and vanilla. Mix together.
3. Add banana mixture into the large bowl (oat mixture).
4. Shred zucchini with the smallest setting of a grater. Press with a tea towel or paper towel to soak up the water. Then chop so you have thin, diced zucchini.
5. Add zucchini and chia seeds into the large bowl and mix together until incorporated.
6. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and scoop heaping Tbsp of mixture onto parchment paper. Should make ~ 24.
7. Bake for 12-16 minutes.
* I recommend storing in the fridge!
** If you need to be completely gluten free, be sure to purchase gluten free oats as some oats are processed in the same factories as wheat.